Thursday, 6 March 2014

Scotch Pancakes

Pancake Day, Shrove Tuesday, is the one day of the year we're guaranteed to make pancakes.  This Pancake Day was no different!

I made my mum's tried and tested recipe for scotch pancakes. I used gluten free white mix but self raising flour would do the job too!

8oz flour
1oz butter/margarine
4oz sugar
Pinch of salt
2 eggs
Milk

Rub the butter into the flour and add the sugar and salt. Beat the eggs and add these along with as much milk as required to make a thin consistency. Pour a dollop at a time into a heated non-stick frying pan (over a medium heat) and when bubbles appear over the surface of your pancake, it's time to flip over and cook the other side.

These scotch pancakes are delicious with sugar and lemon (Lizzie's preference) or with golden syrup (Dougie's favourite). Personally I prefer my scotch pancakes cold with butter!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!